When I received notice of a comment from Crystal [from Seoul Sold] saying how she nominated me for an award, I was surprised! As a new lifestyle/personal blogger who just shares her days, I didn’t consider myself awesome enough to be nominated for anything blog related. But here I am! So thank you Crystal for giving me this opportunity to brag about myself for a few minutes on the blogosphere. :)
All right, here we go!
Copied and pasted from Crystal’s blog: the Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn't that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people to nominate and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
11 random things about me
- Of the 28 years I’ve lived, I’ve only lived with my parents for seven years.
- I get scared walking up the stairs at night. I always picture a damned ghost woman with long black hair in a white gown staring up at me from the bottom of the stairs.
- I’m the freaking best at laundry. I can remove just about every stain and fold a large basket of laundry neatly in ten minutes time.
- I knew my multiplications table before I entered Kindergarten. I was homeschooled.
- I have crooked teeth. That’s why I never smile in photos.
- I’m the oldest daughter, grandchild, niece, and first cousin. If I was born a boy I’d be a spoiled brat.
- I dropped out of high school during my sophomore year (I ran away from an abusive home, sue me) but completed my GED with an average percentage of 94.2% in all subjects the first time around. Not my greatest accomplishment but I was a smart kid who made a shit load of dumb choices. The lowest was in science. I hate science.
- I freaking love books. You can see me walking out of the library with at least three books each visit. I usually have just under a dozen books before I have to force myself to stay away from the library.
- I have a collection of vintage cameras and Polaroid cameras ranging from the late 1800’s to now. My Husband is the one that started my love for cameras and photography alike with a Canon AE-1.
- I’d much rather spend money on gadgets than on purses and shoes.
- I have a steel rod inside my body. ;)
Questions by Crystal [Seoul Sold]
- Where did you grow up?
I was raised in Seoul, Korea until the age of 9 and finished “growing up” in Tacoma, WA.
- Your house is on fire and you have time to grab ONE thing. What do you grab?
Assuming that my Husband has grabbed his cell phone, I’d have to say my camera. I have a copy of every photos I’ve ever taken online so… I’m pretty safe there.
- What’s your biggest guilty pleasure?
Right now with being on bed rest and all… I’d have to say a quick walk around the house or in the backyard.
- What is one of your talents?
I can relate to just about everyone of any age!
- What would you do if you knew you wouldn’t fail?
I’d fly. :)
- Where is your favorite place in all of the world?
Anywhere and everywhere so long as my family is with me. If not, the library.
- The craziest thing you have ever done?
Just packing up one day to move to North Carolina from Washington State because it just wasn’t working out. Actually, my Mom kicked me out for working at a strip club as a waitress.. the woman wasn’t working and my parents had just divorced. Somebody needed to pay the freaking bills and put food on the freaking table and although it was a minimum waged job, I still made enough in tips to provide for everyone. All this while juggling school to get my GED.
- Have you been in love?
Yes. :) I married him.
- What is a piece of wisdom you’d like to share?
Live for the moment, forget the past, and work for a better tomorrow.
- Why do you blog?
This is the only place that I can express myself without feeling like I’m burdening anyone with my stories. I’m the friend that listens and gives advice… I don’t like being the friend that asks for advice.
My Questions for YOU!
- Do you have a bad habit? What is it?
- Which superhero would you like to be?
- Name a skill you wish you were good at.
- If you could vacation at one place in the entire world free of charge, where would it be?
- Are you brave enough to share one of your weakest strength/trait/character flaw? Come on, don’t be a wuss.
- A lesson that you learned in life.
- What is one of your pet peeves?
- If you could send a one sentence note to yourself 8 years ago, what would it say? Don’t cheat.
- If you could be any animal, which would it be and why?
- How do you unwind after a long day?
- Since you were brave enough with question #5, what is your strong/positive trait? If you weren’t brave, go back to #5 and do not pass Go.
I wish I could nominate more people (with under 200 followers) but the ones that I want to nominate have already been nominated or they have over 200 followers. :(