Monday, September 2, 2013

where do I come from?

I come from a home where laughter is important. It is important to be able to laugh at yourself and to see the brighter things in life. We are a happy home.

I come from a family expecting a little boy in November. Until then it’s just three bodies that make up this family.

I come from a marriage with a Husband who loves everything that I am and sees the beauty I never knew existed. He is the strength to where I am weak.

I come from being a mother to a golden hearted 9yo daughter. She has taught me to show even the tiniest of critters mercy and love.

I come from a Father who values hard work and dedication and a Step-Mother who values honesty and respect. Their home is warm and peaceful. I strive to make my home the same.

I come from a sisterhood of four. We rarely get along and I think it’s safe to say we hate each other right now.

I come from a small circle of friends. Not everyone knows one another and every one of these people come from all walks of life.

I come from being raised in a broken home. I grew up really broken and clueless to how the real world worked, but I survived. I am living now though. No surviving needed here.

I come from the belief that everyone deserves equal rights.

These are just a few things of where I come from and what makes me, me. I am an imperfect human being still trying to grasp the meaning of life but most importantly, who I am.

 

10 comments :

  1. Loved reading your story, Tiffany. I agree with you, laughter should be such an important part in our lives.
    Have a good day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! It's amazing how something so simple as laughter can warm up a home instantly. :) Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  2. I really loved the honesty in your post and how it read like a poem. & I really understand that whole "living v. surviving" thing. How wonderful it feels to truly live! Excited to read along :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kari! Doesn't looking back on the days you had to "survive" make you more grateful for today? I guess that is why we were put to test.

      Delete
  3. Sibling rivalry never really does end, does it? Thanks for sharing such genuine words.

    XO,
    Steph
    www.newlymynted.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really doesn't! Without that filter that usually comes with friendship, my sisters and I'm always ready to gouge each others eyes out. haha! It's always great to receive comments from you Steph. Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  4. I love the last line, it's how I feel too! Glad I found your blog through the blogtember challenge! Can't wait to read more!

    Tawnya
    www.littlebabyscarlett.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. well said! my siblings and i aren't very close but we're family so it's all good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely and honest. It's one of the few that I've read that doesn't have the brightest beginning, but it shows how where you come from is so much more than your beginning.

    Congratulations on the upcoming baby, and having a big sister to help out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I am living now though. No surviving needed here"
    That part right there. It took a bit but now I can say the same thing. I love that line you wrote.

    ReplyDelete