Friday, March 1, 2013

Date.

Today was errands day and like a lot of our errands day, we treated it like a semi-date.


Excuse the eyebrows. I was experimenting new ways to get it all sexy and got carried away…


We went grocery shopping at the commissary while getting excited over the prices, and gave ourselves a pat on the back for spending less than our budget.

I couldn't help noticing a few things at the commissary though. While picking up a bottle of children's vitamins, I saw white set of heads everywhere because the whole aisle excluding me was all senior citizens. I guess it's because I was at the healthy aisle --organic products, vitamins, and shaving cream on the other side of the aisle? I think I saw mouth wash too but I'm talking about just the one side of this aisle...--but it was all senior citizens. I even did a double take just to make sure because I gotta get my info right for this blog thing. It made me feel great for knowing I was doing the right thing. I mean, I know I'm doing the right, healthy thing by taking daily multivitamins and eating right but this just made me feel like part of some unofficial club of longevity. I know this is probably silly and you're sitting there rolling your eyes and sighing at the fact that I've wasted your time but I just wanted to share it with you all.



After the commissary we had lunch and treated ourselves to some goodies at a Korean bakery that we've always wanted to visit. The pretty decorations and colorful fruits made it so dangerous to just browse even with a full stomach. I wanted to buy everything... But with great restraint and limited funds in the bank account, we walked out with a small batch of white chocolate macaroons, some white powdered sugar cracker thingy that The Mister loves, and some flakey bread thing filled with cream and something else. Everything but the macaroons disappeared 3 hours later.

Okay so this doesn't seem like much of a date but everything The Mister and I do together seems like a date. We don't really go out much, can you tell?

No comments :

Post a Comment