Saturday, January 11, 2014

summing up my week

I have this chuckle that I've always found to be so unattractive. Just yesterday I heard the same familiar chuckle coming from Ariel. I don't find it so unattractive now and am actually quite fond of it.  
I've finally found the silver lining to Ariel's graveyard shift. I only have to worry about Leo's wailing to stir me awake at night. A snoring husband on one side and a wailing baby combined makes for a sleepless night.  
My nephew showed me an art project he did at school for Thanksgiving. He is thankful for baby cousin, Ariel, and me. The world and his parents came next followed by technology. I love that kid.  
Trina took to calling me "mom" instead of "mommy". Except she does it like the British and says "mum". I think it's her way of transitioning to avoid hurting my feelings from the fragile idea that my children will always be my little babies. 
The in-laws were looking through old photos when we came across a photo of my sister-in-law as a young girl with a haircut that resembled a pixie-bowl cut . Ariel so delightfully showed me the photo and said,  "wasn't I cute??". I was suddenly taken aback to a time of my youth when I myself was given a literal bowl-cut. Then I wondered, did she get chased out of the restroom by genuinely scared little girls too? My childhood sucked. 
My nephew helped give Leo a bath tonight. As a thank you, Leo peed on him. Little baby boys are extremely accurate in aim and timing. 


 On another note, Leo can now self soothe. 


No comments :

Post a Comment