Thursday, March 6, 2014

Glossybox review: March 2014

It’s something I look forward to every month now; the pretty pink box from Glossybox. I received my first box last month and while I liked it on a scale of 8 out of 10, I didn’t like this month’s as much.

_MG_7986 
Much like last month (and I’m pretty sure for many more months to come) it came packaged in a pretty pink ribbon and a card filled with little facts of each products.

I wish I had taken a photo of it but the packaging inside wasn’t as pretty. Maybe it’s due to the shipment but I had to dig through the crinkle-cut paper fills to fish out the sample sized products. I blame it on the shipment process very lightly because last month’s presentation was perfect with every item nestled in nicely.

_MG_7989

First, the tinted lip balm from Figs & Rouge in Cherry Blossom. This is one of my favorite of the two things I like from this month’s subscription. When I first saw the shade of the pink, I was a little turned off because it was a little too rouge for my liking. I tried it on anyways and it was one of those “don’t judge a book by its cover” moments. The color (it’s the same shade of pink that you see on the product!) really brought out the color of my lips in a really natural way. It also doesn’t feel sticky or oily leaving your lips feeling as if it was bare. This UK made product has a price tag of $9 on Amazon.

_MG_7990
My current eyelash curler is from Revlon and while I haven’t tried many to consider myself an eyelash curler expert, I didn’t like this eyelash curler from Emite very much. Maybe it’s because I have thick eyelashes (if there is such a thing?) but it just didn’t get the job done. I usually wear faux lashes and it didn’t do the job as well as my drugstore purchased Revlon. Shame. This is a Swedish product and while you can order from their website, everything is written in what I’m assuming is Swedish so try your luck on Ebay. I found a few on there for sale with a price tag ranging from $8 to $15.

_MG_7991

Okay. So I know nails. I may not have done nails for five years now but I know nails because there once was a time when I lived and breathed nails – I worked six days a week open to close at a nail salon in Durham, NC. While the dry time on this polish was superb, it went on sort of sloppy and dried a little dull. The company Lauren B is based in LA and their nail polish can be directly purchased from their website for $18 (so not worth it, I’m just going to stick with OPI and Essie). The shade I received was nowhere close to my preference but I won’t let that affect my rating for this. It took three coats and a careful spread to get an even coverage. 3 out of 5 stars because it could just be this shade. Lighter nail polishes do have the tendency to have that watered down thing going on…...

_MG_7993

When I saw this in my box I had log in to my acct to check my beauty profile. This is a treatment spray for color treated hair from Pureology and well, I haven’t colored my hair in a long while. In fact, my beauty profile on Glossybox is filled out in a way that specifically shows how useless this would be for me. So in that light I can’t give an honest review for this item.

_MG_7994

Now this eyeliner… Wow. I love this eyeliner! It glides on so smooth and stays on so long that I haven’t had the need to do any touch-ups since I put on my makeup twelve hours ago. Now, being a monolid I tend to do my eye makeup on the heavier side so having a good eyeliner is pretty important to me. You can buy this sweet eyeliner for $15 directly from them by clicking here.

This month’s subscription is overall okay. Shipment speed was better than last month’s by about a week having received it yesterday. Packaging presentation was terrible but nothing was damaged. The value of the items in this box was triple more than the monthly subscription fee so I’m a happy-ish camper but Glossybox, you guys were really sloppy this month.

***This is my own personal review for a product that I paid for. If you would like to register for a monthly subscription of your own, feel free to use my referral link by clicking here!

No comments :

Post a Comment