Tuesday, July 30, 2013

25 weeks down and 15 more to go!

That’s right people~ I’m 25 weeks pregnant.. yesterday! I didn’t do a very good job at planning my blog posts so here I am, late a day. We haven’t picked out a name yet and decided to wait until he is born to name him. I want to look in his eyes to get a feel for who he is meant to be called. Our picks so far? Not telling. :)

Baby[he looks just like Ariel!]

Cravings: Anything and everything chocolate. It’s my ultimate picker upper.

Mood: I average about 5-7 mood swings in a given day. I’ve been making a conscious effort to keep it under control but my grumpiness has slipped out a few times.

Physical discomfort(s): back pains… oh, the back pains. I have to roll to one side and slowly push myself up while attempting to not curse in pain. I seem to be walking slower and slower as well. I tend to get left behind at grocery stores… My ankles have gotten a lot bigger but I kind of like it overall. I have meatier calves too as opposed to my scrawny chicken legs pre-pregnancy.

Fitness routine & diet: This may be pushing it but I try to squeeze in two yoga sessions in a day. I have a daily yoga routine but it’s mainly focused on stretching so I’m adding a bit of strength yoga as well. Besides the tons of chocolate I’ve been consuming lately, I’ve also been adding more fruits and vegetables to my diet. I think it’s because the little guy can taste what I eat that I’ve been more focused on eating what I normally wouldn’t. Like cooked carrots. I hate cooked carrots.

Differences between my first pregnancy and current: This probably has to do with the age difference but I’ve noticed a significant decrease in energy with this pregnancy from my first pregnancy at age 19. I also feel more pregnant with the morning sickness, physical discomfort, mood swings, food cravings, etc. Maybe it’s because I’ve grown to become more in tune with my body? I don’t know. Whatever it is, I’m really experiencing every bit of pregnancy this time around.

Etc: I have no stretch marks yet and I’m hoping to get through this pregnancy without stretch marks. My love handles have really poofed out but it’s always been my trouble area so I’m not too surprised. But you know how they say that if you’re having a boy you don’t look pregnant from the back? Yeah, totally not true. I’ve also been having trouble falling asleep for the past few weeks… I miss the days (only two or so months ago) when I’d fall asleep as soon as my head touched the pillow.

+The little guy is moving a lot now and hiccups 3-4 times daily (or at least that’s what I’m assuming the rhythmic movements are).

+He prefers my right side than my left. He will move more when I’m laying on my right side as well and likes to push against my right. I like to play with him by gently pushing back. He also moves more during the early mornings when I speak (I think I stir him awake with my voice), late afternoons, and late at night.

No comments :

Post a Comment