Tuesday, March 5, 2013

An adventure


Waking up to the warm glow of the sun blanketing your bare skin. Yes, that is how I woke up yesterday. In this tricky weather of Washington State where the cold air nearly kills the bright shine of the sun, all I wanted to do was bury my face in my soft blanket and nap a little further.

As I lay there admiring the clouds I covet over these department store mattresses, I heard my Daughter and my Nephew laughing just downstairs. Incredible hearing, right? Then with the sun urging me to come out to play, I decided on a hike adventure with the kids. I rolled out of bed --literally-- washed up, and went downstairs to announce the plans of adventure proudly to the kids. They were ecstatic and helped me pack food for the adventure.


There is a trail called BPA Trail stretching all over the area that I live and my favorite time to go on a relaxing walk/jog/run is during the mornings. It feels more lively and the people that walk the trail are so much more friendlier with their "G'morning!" and "How are you?". The kids and I were able to find a path that I had not noticed before due to weeds blocking its view, but there has been lots of work done to the trail since I had last visited when the weather started to get colder two-three months back.





No comments :

Post a Comment