Friday, December 20, 2013

an early start

_MG_5873

So the kids started their winter break a day early due to snow. I was supposed to finish wrapping up their gifts today… The price I must pay for procrastinating. Wonderful.

Which reminds me. My nephew walked in my room and saw his gift that has yet to be wrapped. He doesn’t know that it’s his but I panicked when I saw his face light up in joy at seeing a new toy. My response? I yelled at him, told him it wasn’t his, and told him to get out. I’m such a jerk. I can’t wait for him to open it on Christmas morning so I can see that happy face again. He has such a cute happy face.

As for Trina… I can’t waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait! It took us a while but Ariel and I picked out a perfect gift for our little geek.

_MG_59442 

_MG_5929

It’s raining now and the kids are inside enjoying a cup of hot chocolate and cookies. They don’t seem too bummed out about the snow being rained away so I guess it’s safe to say they had their fill of snow for now. They did play in the snow for a few hours but they didn’t even get to slide on the snow! Shucks.

_MG_5868

The hairy snowman is winkin’ at ya.

There’s something about snow that makes you feel so at peace. I just want to cozy up on the couch right next to the twinkling Christmas tree. Maybe throw on some soft pajamas and a pair of fluffy bunny slippers.

Has it snowed where you’re at yet?

No comments :

Post a Comment