Tuesday, May 14, 2013

10 things that makes me really happy

_MG_4439

In no particular order…

  • Listening to my Daughter tell me about her day. I may be her Mother and think that I may know her inside and out but I’m learning more and more that there are things that I don’t know anymore! The life that she has away from me at school, her 9yo concerns, and questions that she gathered from her day just fascinates me.

  • When my Husband and I first started dating, he would look at the way I’d stare into his eyes and say “sparkles”. This was because he described the way I looked at him as something special, something that he hasn’t experienced before from anyone else. My reply to that is “twinkles” because I see the same in his eyes. I love seeing the twinkles in his eyes, and the way he notices the love, or “sparkles” in mine.

  • I love spending time with my Step Mom. I’m closer to her than I have ever been to my own mother and I don’t mind that at all. She loves and guides me as if I was her own child. The things I’ve learned from her the past few years that I’ve known her are far greater than the things I’ve tried to on my own my entire life, and so much more than what my own mother has failed to teach. The maternal love that I receive from her has healed me, calmed me, and has given me faith in myself.

  • Being surrounded by my Husband’s incredibly, huge family comforts me. I have never known what it means to be a part of the family until I had the chance to spend nearly a week in Virginia with his grandparents, uncles, aunts, and numerous cousins. Thinking of my short time there gives me that feeling of being homesick because that’s how welcomed I felt there.

  • It doesn’t matter when I’m away from home for a few minutes or a few hours but the greeting I receive from my furry friend Rosie and Tiger, our family dogs, is pure love. Their loyalty and dedication never ceases to amaze me because I am not the best human friend, admittedly.

Large

  • The quiet and warmth of the sun surrounded by nature. Sometimes I’ll add some soothing New Age piano to the mix while I read a nice book but the calm and peacefulness of nature always puts a smile on my face.

  • I enjoy discovering both the positive and negative of myself. I’m not a perfect human being but I know I’m a wonderful person in my own way. It’s nice to know that there will always be room for improvements in my personality!
  • When I’m hungry, which is quite often these days with being pregnant and all, I get soooooo giddy when I smell food. I also love walking by the bakery because like, who doesn’t, right?

  • This might be evidence of my weirdness, but I get so happy when I finally get a joke. I usually don’t get a joke but when I figure it out, I get really really really really really happy.

  • And last but not least… I love the sound of children’s laughter. You can’t help but smile along with a little baby or a child because only heartless human beings aren’t capable of catching the contagious joy of children.

 
++Be sure to check out the rest of my May 2013: Blog a Day Challenge here.

 

image source: 1.mine | 2.wehearit

1 comment :

  1. I love hearing mommas talk about their little ones; I can only imagine what you hear about each day when your daughter gets home! I look forward to stories from my own little one one day. :)

    ReplyDelete